Happy & Healthy
Porcelain Veneers Alexandria VA
Happy & Healthy
Porcelain Veneers Alexandria VA
in Alexandria, VA
Porcelain veneers are extremely thin pieces of porcelain that lay directly on the front surface of your natural teeth. These pieces are adhered to the existing tooth and can be used as an alternative to traditional crowns.
If you are wishing to improve visible dental imperfections such as color, spacing, and even the size of your teeth then you are a good candidate for porcelain veneers. Porcelain veneers will correct and improve any cosmetic issue ranging from discoloration, chipped or cracked teeth, tooth spacing, and gaps.
The entire team at INSPIRE DENTAL OF ALEXANDRIA shares an office goal. With over three decades of experience, we pride ourselves in being old school when it comes to respecting you and your family and giving you the treatment that we would wish to receive ourselves. Every single patient receives the quality care they deserve. This is the way to earn your trust and satisfaction. Our team is focused on our collaborative efforts to promote oral health by practicing prevention, wellness, enhancement, and renewing rejuvenation. Visit us at 4660 Kenmore Ave., #320, Alexandria, VA 22304 or give us a call today at 703-751-7600 to schedule your appointment to see if you might benefit from one or several porcelain veneers.
Professional regular dental cleanings are important to keep your teeth healthy and attractive. Sometimes, there are aspects of your teeth that cannot be so easily changed. If you are looking for a restorative solution to improve the appearance of your smile, you might consider asking INSPIRE DENTAL OF ALEXANDRIA about porcelain veneers at your next dental appointment.
The Various Types of Veneers
There are several versions of veneers available to improve your smile. You might want to review your options with us during your consultation appointment to make sure you choose the best treatment for your lifestyle:
- Porcelain- The most common and popular of the veneers, porcelain is a durable and long-lasting option. The ceramic layers are made up of dentin and enamel to mimic a very natural look and an excellent fit. It is necessary to remove a thin layer of enamel from the front surface of the natural teeth with this method.
- Composite- If you are seeking a more affordable veneer restoration, composite veneers are a great option. There will be little to no preparation needed for the teeth before placing this restoration. Composite veneers are also just as effective in correcting your dental concerns. They will usually last five to ten years.
- Prepless- This version requires no reduction to your natural teeth before the placement. Prepless veneer shells are even thinner porcelain pieces that lay over your existing teeth just like regular porcelain veneers. Their success may be limited if you are interested in correcting several dental issues.
- Minimal Prep- As the title suggests, minimal prep veneers can be placed with little preparation to the teeth before bonding. An exceedingly small layer of the teeth still needs to be removed before the veneers are placed, allowing you keep more of your natural tooth structure than traditional porcelain veneers.
Even with the best of diligence to maintain your oral health things don’t go as planned. Once in a while, and you might find that your teeth need to be restored or replaced. Missing, cracked, damaged, or even decayed teeth will dull your smile. Did you know it can also affect your oral health? At Inspire Dental of Alexandria we offer restorative dentistry to ensure that your teeth and oral health are back to their former state.
It is important to feel confident in your smile, because being confident in your smile means being confident in yourself. Despite this, many people walk around every day, resigned to the fact that their smile is what it is and there is really nothing they can do to change it. But what if that was not the case? What if improving the aesthetic appearance and/or functionality of your smile was easier than you thought?
Almost 50 million Americans experience tooth-loss every year. Dental bridges have traditionally been the best option if you are in this situation. However, there have been continual technological advancements regarding different types of dental implants. Dental implants are becoming both a common and popular procedure to restore a missing tooth or teeth.
The Porcelain Veneer Procedure
There are three stages of the veneer process: The initial consultation, the preparation, and the placement.
- Consultation- To ensure that veneers are a good solution for you, begin with a consultation appointment with INSPIRE DENTAL OF ALEXANDRIA Discussing your objectives at this evaluation will help us decide if veneers are indeed an appropriate solution. We will also review the types and colors available with your budget and goals in mind.
- Preparation- In your preparation visit, we will begin by making room for the veneers to be placed over your existing teeth by removing a thin layer of enamel. This procedure is usually painless, but we may give you the option for a local anesthesia if you are feeling uncomfortable. In the next step we will take an impression of your teeth to help design and create the new shape you are looking for with your veneers. We will also choose the most appropriate shade or color of porcelain to match your natural teeth or your selected color if you are wanting to correct discoloration. Your veneers will then be created at a dental lab before they are ready for bonding.
- Placement- The final appointment is rewarding. We will first confirm that the veneers match the color and shape desired. We may need to trim slightly before the bonding process begins. After your veneers meet your approval, INSPIRE DENTAL OF ALEXANDRIA will prepare your teeth by performing a general cleaning, polishing, and then etching of the teeth. Etching is used to roughen up the front surface by using an abrasive dental liquid for the veneers to adhere to your teeth. When this prep work is completed, a bonding cement will be applied before we place the veneers over the teeth. To accelerate the cement in drying a blue light will be used to quicken the curing process. With that you have a revitalized healthy smile.
WHAT OUR DENTAL PATIENTS SAY
Proper Aftercare for Your Veneers
You might experience some tooth sensitivity with hot or cold foods or drinks after veneer placement. This side effect will subside in a few weeks but check in with us if the sensation lasts longer or continues.
After achieving your new smile you have been waiting for, you will want to maintain your veneers to enjoy long-lasting results. If you tend to grind your teeth, you should always wear a night guard while sleeping. Veneers, just like natural teeth, will not do well with clenching and grinding, and will result in cracking or fracturing. We will also encourage you to avoid hard foods such as dense nuts or ice that will also stress your veneers causing failure.
Our Mission Statement is to Open Doors with a Smile
At INSPIRE DENTAL OF ALEXANDRIA, our mission statement is quite simple. We approach every patient with attentive, gentle grace and patience. We understand the concept that we each are unique, and we all have our personal therapy plans. No matter the age, we will treat each patient only as we wish to be treated. By integrating cutting-edge technology with solid tradition, we attempt every day to exceed your expectations. Visit us at 4660 Kenmore Ave., #320, Alexandria, VA 22304 or give us a call today at 703-751-7600 to schedule your appointment for an evaluation to see if you might benefit from porcelain veneers. High quality, comfortable, relaxing environment, and plenty of smiles is what you will encounter at INSPIRE DENTAL OF ALEXANDRIA.