How to Find a Cosmetic Dentist
Do you wish you could change your smile? Maybe your teeth are stained, discolored, or you have unwanted gaps. Fortunately, there are numerous cosmetic dental procedures available that may be the perfect solution for you. But to find the right treatment for you, you need to start by finding the right cosmetic dentist at inspire dental of alexandria. This step may be a challenge if you don’t know where to start. Here are a few tips to help you find a cosmetic dentist and get started on getting the smile you’ve always wanted.
Searching for the Right Cosmetic Dentist
One of the reasons that finding a cosmetic dentist can be a challenge is because cosmetic dentistry is not a recognized specialty. In fact, any general dentist can perform cosmetic procedures. This is why it is important to take time to research the many possible options that may be available to you before you decide on one. The smartest way to go about identifying a good cosmetic dentist is to first make a list of all of the possible providers. Here are a few different ways you can find names to put on this list:
- Web Search: On the website of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry there is a search tool to help find cosmetic dentists. This search tool is a directory that allows you to search for cosmetic dentists in your geographic area and check their credentials. This is a good place to start to not only come up with a list of names but confirm their credentials.
- Dental Insurance Provider: Another option that may be more efficient place to start is to contact your dental insurance provider and create a list of local cosmetic dentists who are covered by your insurance policy.
- Referrals: While a list is a great place to start, a safe next step is to reach out to family, friends, or coworkers in your area for recommendations. Unfortunately, a recommended provider who is popular may not be accepting new patients. However, asking friends may be a good place to start with narrowing down your list to include providers your friends and family trust.
Picking a Good Fit for You
Once you have a list assembled of dentists in your area, you can start calling clinics to see if any of your recommended providers are accepting new patients. These phone calls are also a good time to ask questions. Here are things to consider when trying to find a cosmetic dentist who is a good fit for you:
- Quality of care: Online reviews may offer information on dentists in your area who have high ratings and offer good quality of care.
- Training and professional credentials: Any dentist can call themselves a cosmetic dentist, therefore it is important to examine previous training, experience, and professional credentials.
- Schedule a consultation: Set up a few consultations with providers who you are considering and take time to ask questions. Make sure you clearly communicate your expectations and goals and listen to the provider’s recommended treatment plan.