How Much Does Cosmetic Dentistry Cost?
The goal of cosmetic dentistry in alexandria virginia is to improve or enhance the appearance of the smile. Cosmetic dental procedures are generally focused on improving the color, position, shape, size, or alignment of teeth. Your smile is important, and a cosmetic dental procedure will go a long way in improving not only your smile, but your overall quality of life. You may be surprised to hear that cosmetic dental procedures may be more affordable than you think. Below is information on the estimated costs of the most popular cosmetic dental treatments.
Estimated Treatment Costs
The estimated costs of cosmetic dental procedures can vary widely. Costs are usually impacted by factors such as your location, experience and training of the provider, and the overall oral health of the patient. Procedure costs also vary based on the type of procedure. For example, professional teeth whitening will not cost the same as getting custom-made porcelain veneers. Here are the estimated costs for some of the more popular cosmetic treatments:
- Teeth whitening: Teeth that are stained or discolored may just need a professional whitening treatment. The professional whitening treatment is simple, non-invasive and relatively low-cost. To have your teeth professionally whitened, you should expect to pay between $200 and $400.
- Porcelain crowns: Crowns are artificial teeth that are designed to fit over the top natural teeth. Crowns are commonly used to fix cosmetic issues such as irregular tooth shape and size. They can also be used to restore the strength of a broken or fractured tooth. Crowns made from porcelain often cost between $700 to $1200 per crown.
- Porcelain veneers: Veneers are custom-made thin caps that are securely attached to the front of teeth to improve their appearance. Because veneers are usually custom-made the procedure can be costly, up to $700-$1,200 per tooth.
- Dental bonding: Dental bonding is a tooth-colored putty that is directly applied to teeth and then shaped and polished. Bonding is commonly used for a variety of cosmetic fixes, including repairing chipped, cracked, or misshapen teeth. Bonding is a quick, efficient, and relatively affordable solution to cosmetic problems. The bonding procedure usually costs between $150 to $400 per tooth.
- Dental implants: Dental implants are a more permanent solution to fixing cosmetic issues. A dental implant is a metal post that is placed securely into the jaw bone during a surgical procedure. Next, a few months later, a porcelain crown or alternative restoration is attached to the metal post. Implants offer a more permeant tooth replacement solution; however they are a larger investment upfront, estimated to cost between $1,500 to $2,000.
Is Cosmetic Dentistry Covered by Dental Insurance?
Generally, dental insurance plans cover the cost of oral health care needs and preventive services. Cosmetic dentistry procedures are often not a priority of insurance companies. However, some policies cover some or all of the costs of certain, cosmetic procedures, especially those that also help to address restoring the function of the natural tooth. To determine if you can afford the cosmetic procedure you are interested in, you should start by contacting your insurance company.